Coronavirus and Flu Prevention
Shelter in Place Orders
To our Valued Partners-
The world health community continues to closely monitor the emergence of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and the disease it causes, named “coronavirus disease 2019” (COVID-19). As most are aware, many counties in northern California issued ‘Shelter in Place’ orders on March 16th. Before this issuance, our company had put in place the actions outlined below to protect the health of our employees and our collective communities.
For your reference, European Paving Designs (EPD) increased infectious disease protocol including:
- Retrained cleanliness of tools, equipment, and proper hand washing protocol.
- Warned against sharing supplies, such as water and PPE.
- Changed our silica practice to replace the use of N95 masks with 200LS respirators, to maintain silica safe practices during the shortage of masks.
- Required field meetings only allowed with a six feet distance maintained (‘social distancing’)
- Retrained on our practice of sending employees home with flu-like symptoms.
- Infected or potentially infected employees to remain home for a minimum of two weeks and eligible to return to work only with a doctor’s authorization.
Since EPD has had cloud-based information systems since 2004, our administration has the appropriate technology and experience to work remotely. All administrative employees are working remotely with few exceptions to maintain Minimum Basic Operations, per section 10.g.
EPD will also continue field operations in accordance with the order, including sections 10.b and 10.c as directed.
If we become aware of any employee that is diagnosed with the virus, we will notify our customer’s project manager or follow our customer’s communication protocol if provided.
Additionally, we are in contact and will evaluate our suppliers to ascertain their readiness and try to identify potential risk of plant closures which may impact schedules. If we identify a potential risk, we will work with our customers to assist in resolution.
These are unprecedented times. Please let us know if you expect company closures or any other impact that may arise so we may support you in your efforts.
Chief Operating Officer